Mid-Week Links

OK, I’m still trying to work into a routine here. In the meantime, here are five various and sundry links:

1. TheDigitalBits.com is reporting that January will see two very exciting releases: Complete series releases of both THE CRITIC and the horribly underrated DILBERT cartoon.

2. One author fought back when he got stalked on Amazon.com. It’s just one more example of why the internet is such an insane place sometimes. But it’s not the tech that drives people stupid like this. Fans did stupid things long before there was an internet.

3. Gene Ray, of FAME fame, died recently. Didn’t I just see him on one of those E! or VH-1 flashback shows?

4. Steve Martin will, indeed, play Inspector Clouseau in the next PINK PANTHER movie. I’ve long held that only Rowan Atkinson could pull the role off, but I think Steve Martin is a good choice, anyway.

5. And, finally, the double barreled cannon. A spectacular failure.

6 Responses to “Mid-Week Links”

1. jason
    19. November 2003 at 15:33

God I love The Critic. It was a crime that that show was canceled.

Twice, even!

2. Loren
    19. November 2003 at 22:26

That cannon is located just several blocks from my apartment here in Athens. I’m not in that part of downtown often, but I’m sure I must have passed it and never noticed before.

I am going to be downtown tomorrow, though, so I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Loren

3. John C.
    20. November 2003 at 11:06

I didn’t know it was possible for comments fields to get spammed. Ugh.

20. November 2003 at 14:15

That SOB has been spamming this board for the past week. I catch most of them right away and delete them, but I missed that one.

If this keeps up, I might have to require registration to block them out…

I’ll go delete it now.

-Augie

5. FindlayBoy
    20. November 2003 at 17:59

When I saw that Gene Ray had died, I thought you meant THE Gene Ray, of Time Cube fame.

6. GENE RAY OF TIME CUBE FAME IS THE GREATEST THINKER AND WISEST HUMAN TO EVER LIVE ON EARTH
    20. April 2004 at 05:53

A good thing that Dr. Gene Ray, discover of Time Cube, wasn’t the one who died — for he is the Greatest Thinker and Wisest Human to ever live on Earth. He transcends all past philosophers, for Time Cube proves that Time is Cubic and that God is a fictitious 1-corner Word deception; but more importantly, it’s the only thing that can save Humanity and Nature from a devastating Academic-induced Armageddon. I suggest that all Academians and religious believers visit Dr. Ray’s website http://www.timecube.com, and learn about the ineffable Cubic Truth of the Universe.