Friends (no spoilers)

Monica is more pregnant than the woman whose carrying the baby she’s going to adopt. What an upside down world we live in. (Yes, I know Courtney Cox is pregnant in real life. She’s showing pretty badly down the stretch here.)

Tonight’s episode also featured the single worst edit that I’ve ever seen in a sit-com. At one point, all of the characters are in the living room talking. The pregnant character walks through the door. The Friends say hello, and then the camera cuts back to the pregnant woman who made it all the way to the kitchen table in a half second, and is now surrounded there by the Friends, who made their way there during that edit point.

And I betcha I’m the only one who noticed.

7 Responses to “Friends (no spoilers)”

1. Robbo
    29. April 2004 at 23:51

I watched Mr. Deeds after Friends and I’m assuming the Friends have the same abilities that John Tuturro did in Mr. Deeds.

2. Wes C. Addle
    30. April 2004 at 11:04

This final season has been so un-funny.

30. April 2004 at 11:16

Rob –> I only wish I got that reference. ;-) Was the editing that bad on the movie? Or was Tutorro super-powered?

Wes –> I don’t get that. I don’t think FRIENDS has ever NOT been funny. I know everyone likes to bitch about the past 3 or 4 seasons, but I still think it’s a funny show. It’s a different kind of funny from the first couple of seasons, for sure, but I still enjoy it a lot. To each his own, though.

4. John C.
    30. April 2004 at 11:38

I laughed a good deal at last night’s ep., and have at all the ones I’ve seen this season. It ain’t as good as it was, but name me ONE show that had season ten as its best season.

5. Jonah Weiland
    30. April 2004 at 15:15

I’d say this season has been all over the map, funny-wise. Last night’s episode had some good moments. I’ll say this, though, that Ross has become a bigger whiner and more self-centered this season than in any other. He’s the least appealing character on the show now. He’s rude, incosiderate, he’s just not fun anymore. And don’t get me started ont he ridiculousness of the episode where he goes and gets a spray on tan. Very obvious, very cliched comedy.

I’m glad to see it go, though. I’ll watch through the end to see what happens, but having one less show to worry about it a nice thing (in fact I’ll have two with both “Friends” and “Ed” going off the air).

6. Robbo
    30. April 2004 at 17:53

I’ve been enjoying Friends in the final season. I agree it has been very hit or miss though. I gave up on Ross many seasons ago. He acts like he’s maybe 8 years old.

Augie -> MR DEEDS -> Turturro plays the butler who, as a running joke, is “sneaky” and can show up in a room very suddenly catching everyone unawares. By the end of the movie it’s as if he can teleport in and out of scenes.

7. Robbo