Survivor All Stars is a joke

How can a group of people who’ve all played the game before not have a clue as to how to play the game? How can they all be willing sheep and let Rob roll over them the way he’s doing? They’ve had plenty of outs now, and they’ve all turned over and played dead rather than take an active stand to win the game.

They all deserve to lose.

Don’t get me wrong — Shii Ann came off a bit too whiney at the Tribal Council, but she was right about the power couples. Those are always the first that have to go. When you’re aligning yourself on a reality show like this (or Big Brother), you’re safest bet is to have a secret power couple. If nobody knows the two of you are sharing information and working together, you can roll right over them all. In this game, there are two power couples out in the open, and nobody is challenging them. Big Tom is clueless. Rupert is rolling over. Jenna thinks she knows what she’s doing, but she hasn’t a clue. And Amber is, indeed, under the radar, hiding in the shadow of the lightning rod. When people think of RobAndAmber, they only ever think of Rob.

I have no doubt right now that Rob and Amber will be the final two. The only question is if the jury will let their emotions do the voting for them and thus give Amber the million bucks, or if logic will prevail and they’ll see that Rob played the best game in using and abusing all of them to their faces without so much as a slap on the wrist.

And, then, will Rob pop The Question to Amber at the reunion special and the two can effectively split the million bucks? Or are they contractually bound to never get married, since Survivor rules say you can’t split the money or make any deals for it?

8 Responses to “Survivor All Stars is a joke”

1. EzekielRawlins
    30. April 2004 at 08:23

So, I take it, Shii Ann got booted?

2. Mark
    30. April 2004 at 10:35

Especially since it looks like Rupert and Jenna are the next to go. You’ve got to figure the 3 original Chaperans are going to stick together.

Now would be a great time for Rupert, Jenna, or Tom to go on an immunity run. Both for their survival and to bring some surprise back into the show.

Two things I noticed from last night–after doing well on his first try, Rob has turned out to not be all that good at fishing. And he got his brother’s shirt.

30. April 2004 at 11:14

Wes –> Yup, Shii Ann is gone.

Mark –> The only chance Tom, Rupert, and Jenna have of winning this thing is to band together and vote out Amber or Rob. Personally, I’d vote out Amber just to royally piss off Rob and send him on an emotional tail spin. Just for kicks.

However, I don’t think those three are smart enough to put two and two together and come up with four. Idiots.

4. Broc Heasley
    30. April 2004 at 11:36

Other than seeing them kissing, have we ever seen any concrete evidence that Amber has real feelings for Rob? I have no doubt that Rob cares for her, but I can’t recall a single interview with Amber where she expressed the same. Even when she got shoved over onto another tribe for 3 days, she lamented not being with her tribe and barely said a word about Rob. Meanwhile, Rob is an utter mess. I think Rob even speculated a few episodes back that she could be fooling him.

5. Chris Brown
    30. April 2004 at 13:31

Yeah this season started off real good, but I too have been real dissapointed in that the groups has been so unwilling to take chances and get rid of folks that are clearly a challenge. I have a feeling the Tom will be the next to go, just because he is the most clueless.

6. Chris Brown
    30. April 2004 at 13:32

Off topic, I just found another one of your letters to X-Force. How many times did your letters get published to various comic books?

30. April 2004 at 13:55

Chris –> 399 total letters printed in comics. I don’t think that counts the letters in Comics Buyer’s Guide, of which there were a half dozen or so. #400 is coming in a month or two, I’d bet. I’ve written a few this year.

8. Mark
    1. May 2004 at 12:03

Augie,

Tom thinks he’s got a “Final 2″ deal with Rob. So why would he switch?