AI5 – Greensboro

Ultimate Voice Coach - Learn To Sing Like A Star!I’ve only seen the first half so far, so I might be ignoring your comments on this episode today for another day.

But, still, there’s plenty to talk about after two more friggin’ hours of the marathon that is AMERICAN IDOL.

I also decided last night that Ryan Seacrest gets too much crap. I like him. He’s a charming host for the show, who’s not afraid to get right in there and mix it up with the fans. He has decent comedic timing, too.

13 Responses to “AI5 – Greensboro”

1. EzekielRawlins
    25. January 2006 at 09:23

“You look like the Incredible Hulk’s wife…”

I never laughed so hard in my life.

25. January 2006 at 13:48

THAT guy I saw. And laughed at. Mercilessly. Good call.

3. Anonymous
    25. January 2006 at 13:58

I thought the sam ething about Seacrest last night. His interview with Rhonetta was classic deadpan, as was his interaction with the girl who said he was short. :)

4. Patricia
    25. January 2006 at 13:59

grr…that was me…thought I was signed in….

5. Josh Herndon
    25. January 2006 at 14:01

I really thought Simon’s reaction when that one guy said he was using Paula and Randy’s DVD was hilarious!

6. Shawn
    25. January 2006 at 15:57

Right on Josh. Classic moment! I was crying!

7. Jackie
    25. January 2006 at 15:57

But… but… but… Ryan Seacrest is so SHORT! ;-) San Francisco should be interesting tonight.

8. Jeff
    25. January 2006 at 17:07

There’s an article on MSN’s front page asking “Is American Idol Meaner?”

Seems to me they ARE a little bit more cruel this year with the exception of Paula. Some of the guys deserved to be laughed at because they’re probably there just to get on TV. But some of them think they can really sing and when you see them walking out very disappointed, Randy and Simon are still taking shots at them.

25. January 2006 at 19:40

Let them take shots. If those people can’t hear themselves and REALLY think they’re talented, then they probably do need a stern talking to. This is what you open yourself up to if you want to try out for the show — deal with it.

Yes, they’re definitely more honest and occasionally mean this year. That’s fine by me. Maybe it’ll scare away some of the crappy ones next year.

I mean, c’mon, was that magic carpet rider a put on or what? He couldn’t be serious. He had to be there for TV time.

Just finished watching the show. Loved the Randy and Paula DVD bit. That guy was hilarious, and the DVD was the cherry on top. I need to go find that DVD and link to it in this post.

10. bluuzman
    26. January 2006 at 09:15

Hi everybody. Regarding the talented 17-year-old black girl with the famous aunt–who exactly is the aunt? According to Randy she is a singing legend, but I don’t I’ve ever heard of her.

11. bluuzman
    26. January 2006 at 09:19

Sorry, someone just told me it was her grandmother, not aunt. Anyway, the question still applies: Who is she?

12. teddy
    26. January 2006 at 18:21

i think she a gospel singer, anne nesby or someone

13. bluuzman
    28. January 2006 at 11:56

Thanks, Teddy. I don’t think I’d heard of her before.