Sunday link dump

• Nickelback. Oh, Nickelback. Did you know they had two different songs out? I don’t think I ever realized it, consciously. Now, I can hear both. This Nintendork has posted an MP3 file of their two songs playing at the same time. One plays out of the left speaker, the other in the right. It’s all the proof you need that it’s the same dang song. Bizarre.

• Read up on Nellie McKay’s split from Columbia Records.

• Channel 4 in the U.K. has a new sit-com starting up called “The IT Crowd,” which focuses on life for some I.T. professionals. New episodes are airing on the web first.

7 Responses to “Sunday link dump”

1. Scott Beeler
    29. January 2006 at 14:47

Ha! That Nickelback “mix” = fcking genius. I’ll admit to liking their sound a bit, but it is the same fcking thing over and over.

2. Bart
    29. January 2006 at 15:30

The Nickelback thing is pretty old and is somewhat bogus. It’s kinda played up as being two tracks that are just layed ontop of each other, but apparently the author cut them up some and rearranged them.

3. Arune Singh
    29. January 2006 at 16:13

4. Tom Galloway
    30. January 2006 at 01:26

Watched the first ep of The IT Crowd online. Fortunately, I can multitask, so that’s probably only about 3 total minutes of attention I’ll never get back. They apparently hired an actual IT geek to do the set dressing, then sent them away. The writing is generally lame and at low end 70s syndicated sitcom levels, and they take no advantage of geek culture for material. Really, really, really, bad.

5. Beau
    30. January 2006 at 10:29

“I’m biased because I like Nickelback, but if you look at the guitar chords, you can find some similar chords and timing in the songs, but they’re not nearly as similar as this site postulates.”

And, more importantly, a similar criticism can be levied at a large number of bands, trendy or not.

6. Rob B
    30. January 2006 at 12:00

I would rather stick forks in my ear than listen to Nickelback. Goddamned Canadians.

7. Ryan
    30. January 2006 at 21:34

That Nickleback mashup was created by a poster on the somethingawful.com forums. You should check them out, there’s fun stuff like that all the time.