Tuesday Link Dump

8 Responses to “Tuesday Link Dump”

1. Josh Herndon
    30. May 2006 at 10:50

I greatly enjoyed X-Men 3. If there was anything I wished, it was that the movie were longer. But, i thought Ratner did an excellent job. Bring on X-Men 4!

2. Arune Singh
    30. May 2006 at 11:25

Wait…people like that film? Wow. I thought it was the worst superhero movie of all time, tied with Batman & Robin. Seriously.

30. May 2006 at 11:33

Arune – you’re on crack. Even at my most stridently critical, I couldn’t possibly put the movie at that level.

4. Broc Heasley
    30. May 2006 at 12:46

Good review, Augie, even if I didn’t like it quite as much as you. One thing though–you do know that it was Rogue that Collosus transferred his metalness to, right? This is not a case of a plastic saran wrap ‘S’ shield and teleportation.

30. May 2006 at 13:12

Broc — I know it now. I have dozens of e-mails to point it out to me. Hey, at least people are writing! =)

I missed that it was Rogue when I first saw it. There was so much going on that I lost track of who was who and where they were at. . .

6. Josh Herndon
    30. May 2006 at 13:15

Wow, I didn’t catch the Rogue/Colossus thing until now either. I just thought it was a change to his powers. Way cool!

7. Nick
    30. May 2006 at 13:32

I didn’t notice the Col / Rogue thing at first, but noticed it when the two of them stood up. It bothered me pretty bad for a minute!

I don’t know why anybody would say this is a disaster of a movie. I actually like it better than the other two. I do NOT think it is a better movie, I think it’s a pretty trashy movie on a purely critical level, but I enjoyed it the most. I think it’s as close as we’ve come so far to actually seeing a real comic book on screen.

Although I do think that the first death in the film (in the 1st Act) was a COMPLETE WASTE. The only thing that that death accomplished (showing that character Z was, in fact, losing it) was nicely accomplished with death #2. All death #1 did was keep a character that has been underutilized from being in future sequels. Dumb dumb.

Hopefully that’s not too spoilery.

8. Josh Herndon
    31. May 2006 at 08:13

Nick, in regards to that death, the old comic book saying applies. If you don’t see the body or how they died, are they really dead? So, there is always an out…not that I am expecting said character to be in anymore.