‘Gameshow Marathon’ begins tonight

I know I mentioned this show here a few months back, but it premieres tonight at 8:00 p.m. Eastern, and I don’t think anyone realizes it.

[tag]GAMESHOW MARATHON[/tag] features Rikki Lake hosting a series of classic game show set-ups with celebrity guests playing along. Tonight’s episode features [tag]Leslie Nielsen[/tag], amongst others, playing “Let’s Make A Deal.”

The show is so shrouded in secrecy that it doesn’t even have a page on the [tag]CBS[/tag] web site. CBS disavows any knowledge of it already, save a cursory listing in their programming guide. That’s it.

That’s likely not a good sign.

Google it up if you want, but you’ll only get links to the British version of the show hosted by POP IDOL’s Ant and Dec.

7 Responses to “‘Gameshow Marathon’ begins tonight”

1. Josh Herndon
    31. May 2006 at 15:37

Funny thing about this is that when you go to the CBS website and click on the show name in tonight’s schedule, it take you to this link: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/gameshow_marathon/ which pops up as a “We cannot locate this page”. Still not sold on the idea of the show though.

2. Josh Herndon
    31. May 2006 at 15:41

Ok, this gets weirder and weirder. In the time I posted my first comment to now, they have actually put up some sort of a website on CBS. Very strange!

1. June 2006 at 08:38

Better late than never, I suppose. That IS weird, though. The show is fairly popular in the UK from what I’ve read, but I think they erred in starting off by emulating a show that’s still on the air five days a week. . .

4. Mark
    1. June 2006 at 13:37

In the Uk it was a success, but was only done a one-off to celebrate the anniversary of ITV(the main commercial rival to the BBC)

5. Troy
    5. June 2006 at 11:21

I watched it last week . . . it was OK. I’ll probably watch the remaining eps. Definitely the “Press Your Luck” one!

6. donald raley
    29. June 2006 at 21:27

i cannot get the web sight to load on my computer, why is this

30. June 2006 at 08:12

It looks like CBS has already taken the page down. I guess it bombed harder than any of us expected.

I admit that I never watched it. I was looking forward to it, but once it found its way onto my TiVo, I just couldn’t muster any enthusiasm for it. Oh, well…