- The Ant Bully (2006)
This is one of roughly 340 CGI films that came to theaters this year with a heavy marketing machine, only to be mostly ignored for not being a PIXAR film. I’m sure it wasn’t very good, either, which never helps. Hollywood studios are still under the impression that CGI movies are cheap and easy to make as well as being guaranteed blockbusters. I’m sure the film won’t hurt the studio and that the DVDs will see big profits, but this is still just another example of Hollywood jumping on a bandwagon and driving it into the ground.
- The Ellen Degeneres Show: DVD-licious
If Oprah can do it, why not Ellen?
- Clerks II (2-disc set) (2006)
- An Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder (2006)
I know we’re all supposed to be “over” Kevin Smith by now, but the first DVD set of his lectures/Q&As at college campuses was funny. I’m willing to give this one a shot, too. I’ve never seen one of these in person, so it’s not like I’ve heard all the same stories multiple times already.
And I do want to see CLERKS II, also.
- The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection (8-disc set)
- Supergirl (1984)
- Superman: The Movie: Special Edition (4-disc set) (1978)
- Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut (1980)
- Superman II: Deluxe Edition (2-disc set) (1980)
- Superman III: Deluxe Edition (1983)
- Superman IV: Deluxe Edition (1987)
- Superman Returns: Special Edition (2-disc set) (widescreen) (2006)
- Superman Returns (widescreen) (2006)
- Superman Returns (pan-and-scan) (2006)
- Superman Ultimate Collector’s Edition (14-disc set)
I sense a theme here.
- The Usual Suspects: Collector’s Edition (2-disc set) (1995)
Come to think of it, I suppose it has been a good six months since the last special edition of this movie, hasn’t it? Time for an update!
Next week is the crescendo of gift-giving season DVD releases. That includes 24, ANIMANIACS, PINKY AND THE BRAIN, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2, MIAMI VICE (movie), and more.