- The Brady Bunch: The Complete Series (21-disc set)
Just don’t think about what happened to them afterwards. Try not to think of the drugs and the sex and the marrying of dimbat models. Just remember them as they are, frozen in that one period of 1970s time. It’s better that way. For all of us.
- Cast Away: Director’s Cut (2-disc set) (2000)
Everyone’s been champing at the bit to relive this one, haven’t they? I think it would be REALLY funny if Wilson was a soccer ball in the director’s cut instead of a volleyball! It’s a miracle what they can do with CGI today. . .
- Children of Men (widescreen) (2006)
Lotsa people really really liked this one.
- The Curse of the Golden Flower (2006)
With a title like that, you know Chow Yun-Fat is going to be in it and Sony Pictures classic is going to release it, don’t you?
- Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes: Vol. 1
Don’t worry — I haven’t forgotten about my comic peeps out there!
- Full House: Season Six (4-disc set)
…in the middle of the street…
I know that’s not the lyric, but don’tcha wish?
- Groucho Marx & Red Foxx: Comic Legends
You say “Groucho,” and I say, “how high?” OK, that sounded funny in my head. I think it reads COMPLETELY wrong, though. Nevermind.
- Happy Feet (2006)
It’s the feel good global warming hit of the winter!
- Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman: Vol. 1 (3-disc set)
I bet you forgot this show ever existed. Now, admit it — have you ever seen an episode? Me neither.
- The Shield: Season Five (4-disc set)
By far, the release of the week. Season Six starts next week! It can’t come soon enough. Poor, poor Shane is in big big trouble.
- Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj (2006)
Noooooooo!!!!!! That’s direct-to-DVD, right? Please tell me no movie studio would put money behind a wide release for this. PLEASE.
Next week: BOBBY, CHARLOTTE’S WEB, THE GOOD SHEPHERD, and DIONNE WARWICK: LIVE! That last one is NOT a joke.