- Your Flash game du jour: Meltdown. Similar premise to a million other chain reaction type games, but different enough to become addicting. My high score: 155.
- Feel like watching some Muppets on YouTube? Here’s a great list of musical Muppet acts. Includes Elton John, Blondie, Steve Martin, and more.
- If you’re wondering why all the webcomic artists are suddenly pushing you to buy their print collections, I have a guess; The New Cintiq Tablets. They now have a $1000 model. it’s a small screen, but if I were an up-and-coming cartoonist, I’d be all over this. I imagine it has the power to transform some workflows of comic creators, too. I expect a lot of comic colorists might jump on this, too. Mark my words.
- You Park Like A Very Bad Person. Dot Com. (URL is NSFW)
- The Japanese launch of Wii Fit was very successful.
And now for the geekery:
- Regexes are the coolest things in the known universe, but difficult to grok for many. I’m not sure this page makes it any easier, but different strokes for different folks, and all that.
- I love the fact that if you search on my name in Google Books, there’s an actual result! Oddly enough, there’s two — the second one is in Japanese. It’s for Podcasting Hacks, an early podcasting book from O’Reilly that I was interviewed for. I’m still tickled that I made an O’Reilly book!
- In 1897, the Indiana State Legislature attempted to simplify the lives of millions of math students overnight by setting pi equal to 3. It failed. All together now: 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971. . . .
- Here’s some help memorizing the digits of pi.