Better late than never, eh?
Also, I have your questions about my radio history to answer one of these weeks. I haven’t forgotten about that one, either.
In the meantime, follow me on Twitter, or wait for these mostly-weekly round-ups.
Let’s try grouping these together into topics:
Profundities and Daily Living
- I’m not going to sleep; I’m merely giving up on the day.
- Crap, it’s still the “work week,” isn’t it? I had hoped to wake up to something better.
- Don’tcha hate it when bad things happen to annoying people? Also: Starr Jones is getting divorced.
- “Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.”
- Way way too much to do tonight, and not nearly enough time. But it all has a deadline of tonight. I’m screwed.
- @gordontheintern – Wheat thins are, indeed, the world’s greatest cracker.
- Going to bed 40 minutes later than I should, and still haven’t done half the things I wanted to tonight. Tomorrow, we try again!
- In honor of Earth Day tomorrow, I’m going to print out every e-mail I receive.
- Am sick of green everything. I’d rather see people genuinely interested in cleaner tech than the fashionable fad of the day.
- Everything wrong in the world is caused by global warming. Hilarious: http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist
Comics and the New York Comic Con
- Favorite new webcomic find: http://www.kartoen.be/wp/ Yes, it IS Belgian. Whoo!
- Not going to San Diego again this year, either. Being a grown up sucks.
- Feels weird to follow comicon coverage on-line without the three hour California time shift.
- Oooh, just got new business cards for CBR. VERY pretty. . .
- Sad but true: I do not possess the patience for a 13 second pre-roll before watching a video.
- Why were people wearing pyramids on their heads at NYCC today? Which anime am I missing?
- I think NYCC hurt me, physically. I’m in pain tonight. Am I really getting too old for this gig? Do I need to switch hobbies?
- I have aches in the neck and shoulders telling me NEVER to carry a backpack for two days at a con again.
- Think I strained a pec muscle at NYCC. Hurts like hell when I sneeze now. Weird.
Net and Tech Stuff
- I’ve read the backlog of Twitter messages. Hence, I declare TWITTER ZERO!
- Ooh, just had a jump in subscriptions to the Feedburner RSS feed for VariousandSundry.com. Exciting!
- Pardon my ignorance, but: Twitter has private messages? Yeah, that seems like a good idea. . .
- Wow, Apple’s financial report looks insanely good. Lower margins but higher profits and better sales? We have a winner!
- I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I chuckle everytime @leolaporte uses “netcast.” It didn’t work. Move on.
- No matter how bad Valleywag might get, it can’t possibly top the paparazzi crap happening on all these Hollywood shows every single night.
- The 12 yr old daughter on Real Housewives of NYC turns out to be the voice of reason. Go figure. Can’t believe I’m overhearing this show.
- Big Brother — How did we get to the point where Adam is in the final three and everyone competes for his loyalty?!?
- I did laugh at the extended preview of Will Smith’s new movie tonight on Idol. The wife did not. ::sigh:: Civilians.