- Adobe is reporting disappointing sales and a soft economy are to blame for their 600 layoffs this week. Maybe the $699 price point for Adobe Photoshop CS4 is something they should re-consider? Drop it to $299 and I bet they’d make more money. Drop it to $199 — the price of Lightroom — and they’d recoup money from pirates and make a bigger profit. Change the upgrade path to a $99 price point while you’re at it and set Elements to $50.
But, hey, it’s easy to be the Monday Morning quarterback on this one. And maybe I just want to buy a cheap copy of Illustrator and Photoshop. ;-)
- Homicide Actress up for Oscar Best Actress contention?!? Very cool!
- I missed this on the DVD list recently, but “Elton John: Tantrums and Tiaras” is available on DVD now. It’s a documentary tracking the tour for the “Made in England” album. I really liked that album. Heck, it might be the last of his albums I really liked, before he decided to turn into an old sentimental crooner.
- eBay Death Watch: eBay held a holiday contest. And the scripters came. And eBay had no idea what the rules of their own contest were, or what they meant. Chaos, one should think, ensues.
- Ah, The Rainbow Connection. Listen to it over and over and over again at the link. If that’s not enough for you, how about the original Sesame Street Christmas Special? This was a staple from my childhood. My family even had the vinyl of it. If “Keep Christmas With You” sung and signed at the same time doesn’t warm you up, you’re a soulless corpse.
- They’re still working on a “Foundation” movie. I’m sure it’ll stink. Maybe Asimov was too cerebral a writer? The first couple of “Foundation” novels are awesome, though. Well worth a read.
- Weezer recorded new songs specifically for a Christmas iPhone App. Songs are not being made available in any other way at this time.